Preparing to place your property on the market can seem like a big task. There are, however, some simple things you can do that really will pay dividends and help you achieve the best possible price for you property.
“When selling your home, presentation is key. There are a few small things you can do that will help to transform the overall look and feel of the property. Afterall, you want to ensure buyers are focused on your property’s positive attributes, not distracted by the minor things that are within your control such as stains and clutter” reveals Kelly Hardie, one of Calibre Real Estate’s top residential sales consultants.
Ten Cleaning Tips That’ll Help Sell Your Home
- 1. Start with the basics. De-clutter! Consider a garage sale to dispose of unwanted items. For further tips on How to Run A Successful Garage Sale and Make Money, check out this article.
- 2. Wash the windows and walls, dust blinds and launder curtains. The house will be so much fresher and this will also help eliminate those Spring sneezes!
- 3. Replace any burned out light bulbs and check smoke alarm batteries.
- 4. Oil creaky door hinges.
- 5. Organise cupboards. Straighten contents of your pantry using labels and organisers. Clean out your closet—throw away items you haven’t worn in 12 months. Untidy or overcrowded cupboards and built-ins as it suggests inadequate storage space.
- 6. Complete projects you may have started, but not finished.
- 7. Spruce up your garden & outdoor areas using bright flowers and lush green shrubs. Being the first thing buyers will see, this will ensure street appeal.
- 8. Replace your linen for a quick makeover.
- 9. Invest in good quality cleaning products. See overleaf for a natural cleaner you can make yourself. And stock up on sponges, scrubbers and rubber gloves too.
- 10. Add your finishing touches. A few pieces of artwork or mirrors help fill blank walls and fresh flowers are another way to add colour and fragrance.
These handy cleaning tips will set you up for sales success, as no doubt you know, you don’t get a second chance to make a good first impression. If you’re ever unsure about the best way to clean your property in preparation for selling, simply chat to your agent. Real Estate Agents are the experts after all and a good agent will be on hand to share their knowledge on cleaning tips that’ll help sell your property.
If you are preparing your property for sale, you might find these other articles helpful –
- Know Your Buyer : The 7 Profile of Property Buyer Demographics
- How To Improve Your Street Appeal In 4 Easy Steps
- How to Find The Best Agent To Sell Your Home
- How A 3D Property Tour Helps To Sell Your Home
- The 7 Basics to Presenting Your Property For Inspection
If you have a property in South East QLD that you would like to discuss with one of the team members at Calibre, then please feel free to call our office at (07) 3367 3411 or lodge a request for a “Property Appraisal” on our website.
By following these simple steps to clean your house, hopefully you’ll have it sold in no time.