1. Find a glass water jug.
2. Buy the lamp socket and cord at a hardware store or reuse one you already have.
3. If your cord is not attached to the socket, attach the wires (consult an electrician if you do not know how to do this).
4. Set socket in spout of jug, pull cord to the side to it comes out of the spout.
5. Use a hot glue gun or other adhesive to stabilize the socket in the jug.
6. Set a wire ring style lampshade on the socket.
7. Plug it in and pat yourself on the back because you made yourself a cool LAMP!
Full instructions can be found on http://theinspiredroom.net/2013/06/26/how-to-make-a-lamp-diy-bottle-lamp/