Calibre Real Estate are proud to serve sellers throughout Brisbane’s North West
Selling your house can come with challenges.
There are lots of elements at play during the selling process, many of which are out of your control.
From unforeseen buyer actions to ever changing market conditions, it’s a juggling act to say the least.
It can be a very frustrating time.
However, there are plenty of ways you can prepare for the sale of your Brisbane property to make it as easy as possible.
Here we share some tips to help reduce unnecessary stress during you home sale.
- Prepare emotionally
At Calibre Real Estate we work hard to make a sale as smooth as possible for our customers.
The sale of a property takes some effort on the part of everyone involved though, including you.
It may sound obvious but whether you want to downsize or are in need of a bigger place, selling can challenge your emotions.
Afterall, you may have experienced some of the most memorable times of your life in the property and it can feel like it’s all being left behind.
It’s important that you know you will have to eventually say goodbye and the sooner you come to terms with it, the better.
Preparation will lessen the risk of getting caught off guard later down the line. Lack of it could lead to a ton of inconvenience for you and the potential buyer.
Now is a great time to make sure you are on the right track.
With a plan, you may even get to enjoy it.
- Get To Know Your Local Market
In order to get the best price for your home, you can start by gaining an understanding of your local market.
Carrying out research can help you develop helpful market insights and you can quickly determine a ballpark value for your property.
Remember, prices differ from property to property for many reasons so don’t rely upon this alone.
The most reliable way to get an accurate price is by arranging a valuation with a trusted agent.
- Decide When To Sell
It’s generally agreed that Spring is the best time to sell your property Australia wide.
Brisbane though, bucks the trend.
Spring warms up the property market here too but unlike a lot of the other states, it is not the only time to sell.
Great weather all year means that it’s entirely possible to transact through all seasons.
All seasons offer pros and cons when selling in Brisbane:
- Spring is the season that sees more buyers visiting open homes which in turn creates more buyer competition, but this also means property competition is higher and buyers have lots more similar places to choose from
- Summer is when a lot of people head away or wind down over Christmas and New Year which generates an obvious dip in sales. However, the market traditionally sees an upswing before Christmas with buyers desperate to settle before the big day arrives and they often have less properties to choose from
- Autumn sees buyer activity thrive as sellers attempt to take advantage of an uninterrupted 12-week period and wanting to settle before the end of the financial year. This also means that the higher demand the higher supply, so the competition can be fierce
- Winter typically shows a downturn in property sales for most states but mild conditions allow Brisbane to break the ‘no winter sale’ rule. In fact, with less properties hitting the market around this time, sellers can even take advantage of less competition.
Aside from the weather, think about special dates in your calendar that would need to take priority over a house sale and try to plan it around them.
Decide How To Sell
A highly debated topic in real estate is whether to sell via private sale or auction.
Many argue that an auction has the potential to earn a higher sale price due to competitive buyer atmosphere on the day. Whereas others think private sale is more reliable and often proves less expensive for the seller.
Here are some facts to mull over when considering how to sell your property:
- Private Sale is particularly suitable for sellers that don’t have an urgency to sell and provides both buyer and seller the time to make more informed decisions
- Auction provides sellers with a quick result by enticing buyers to make a same day decision. Plus, the competitive bidding between buyers can lead to a sale price over the sellers expectations.
This list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a general idea of what options are available when selling your property.
Speaking to an agent can help you make the right decision.
Declutter in advance
It’s never too early to begin sorting through your belongings and ridding yourself of unnecessary clutter.
Removing unnecessary items from surfaces and re-organising shelves is a good place to start.
As a general rule of thumb, go for minimal. The less stuff you have on show, the most possible it is for a buyer to visualise the home as their own.
This means that you’ll have less to think about when selling time comes.
Another positive of getting clutter sorted sooner is that you can narrow down to only the essential items you’ll be taking to your new home.
Find A Great Agent
This is where we come in.
When it comes to selling your property in Brisbane’s North West, you really don’t need to look any further.
Here at Calibre Real Estate we understand the complexities that come with selling a home.
Our expert knowledge of Brisbane’s North West paired with our continued success means that we are the only agency you need on board when selling your property.
Contact the team on 07 3367 3411
Remember to get social with us too!