Maintaining a home can be a tricky process. You spend lots of time and money to make sure your home is in the best condition. Fortunately, we have come up with a few simple maintenance tips to help you prevent future costs.
Maintenance Tips to Prevent Future Costs
1. For Pests
During summer, pests love to keep company in your home. Which is why:
- Make sure your leftover food is stored in airtight containers.
- Any food that is sweet should be kept in the fridge to prevent an ant colony forming over it.
- It is always handy to keep anti pest products at home like rat poison, ant spray and mosquito spray.
- Citronella candles are good to keep mosquitoes away.
All of these are rather simple maintenance tips to prevent pests and reduce future costs.
Keep your home ventilated. Along with this, you can do the following:
- It is good to keep mould controllers at home.
- Bunnings has a fairly easy DIY guide to follow.
- Some indoor plants can get mould growing in them. Spray your plant with tea tree oil and vinegar.
Professional mould removal in the future may cost you about $1000 to $3000. This simple maintenance tip helps you prevent this future cost.
Other Wear and Tear issues:
- Foundation cracks can lead to further wear and tear. For this reason, you should look for any cracks that may be there. Furthermore, silicon or caulk can be used to seal the cracks.
- Air conditioners collect a lot of dust, especially during winter. Due to this, take your window air conditioners out and keep them covered. For central coolers, cover the exterior vents with tarp or plastic wrap.
- To keep your driveway clean, consider pressure washing. Here is a short guide to explain the process.
- Plants that grow out of control may have roots that go into the foundation of your house. Which is why, keeping a check and control of your plants is important.
These simple maintenance tips should help you reduce large future costs. These tips help you sort out common problems before they get much worse.
Like this article? View more articles like this:
- Tips to Keep Your Pool Healthy During Summer
- DIY: How To Clean Your Gutters
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Tips
- 10 Cleaning Tips on Cleaning Your House and Get It Sold
Would you like an updated market appraisal of your investment property? Click here to request an appraisal and one of our team members will be in touch